Thanks for visiting my painting blog. I paint because it enriches my life. I hope my paintings will touch you in some way.

Monday, July 16, 2012

End of the Road

"End of the Road" OR "Old Volks Home"
I have passed this junk yard many times over the years and have wanted to paint it for a long time.  The PAC Regional Exhibit 2012 theme is "YOU ARE HERE" and I finally had a good reason to go for it. This painting is big - 36" x 48" - and it's the only oil painting I've done this year.  It didn't win a prize, but I've gotten lots of positive comments on it.  Apparently everyone has a Volkswagon story and my painting evoked lots of fond memories.  Dwayne, at the Art Center, said it should have been titled "old Volks Home."  I like that.  Every one of these abandonded cars would have some interesting stories to tell if only they could talk.  And that dog in the pop-up van.  Was this the end of his road too?