Thanks for visiting my painting blog. I paint because it enriches my life. I hope my paintings will touch you in some way.

Saturday, June 15, 2019

"Plaza Blanca"

In November 2018 my son and I went on an adventure to the desert southwest.  I have long admired the work of Georgia O'Keeffe and it was a real thrill for me to visit her home and studio in Abiquiu, NM and see the landscape that inspired so many of her paintings.  We got up before sunrise and hiked into this canyon, "the white place," one of her favorite places to hike and camp.  We were the only people there that morning.  The rock cliffs made me think of cathedral walls, but that hike was more like going to church than going to church ever was!

"Plaza Blanca" was included in the WVWS Aqueous 2019 Exhibit at the Parkersburg Art Center where it earned an Award of Excellence.